Thursday, February 17, 2011

If you wanna put a face to the woman who is a multitasking queen here at theFund, meet Kathy the office manager. She has a deep dedication to support the arts, and a passion to support the mission fot theFund.

Kathy LeMaster
Office Manager, theFund

Having grown up in Chicago, I had the benefit of experiencing a multitude of art and cultural opportunities throughout the city. I am very grateful, that when I was in school, music and art classes were a mandatory part of the curriculum, and field trips to all the cities museums were a much anticipated annual event.


Enjoying the arts have always been an important part of my family's life, so I have encouraged my own children and grandchildren to appreciate the arts and culture by visiting museums, plays, ballet, musical and cultural events and reading to them.

When my family first moved to San Antonio, my granddaughter quickly became involved in theatre, singing and dancing in musicals at the Josephine Theatre. She also sang in her high school choir at Clark and Johnson HIgh Schools. The impact that involvement with art and music, has had on her cognitive, communication skills and self confidence, further impressed upon me how important the support of arts and culture in our community is, expecially with the reduction of arts and music curriculum in public schools.

I completely embrace and support the mission and vision of theFund. What a wonderful opportunity it is to be able to be an integral part in the growth of art and culture in San Antonio.

As Office Manager of theFund and the “other half” of the staff, I tend to the day to day administration of the office. My job is to make sure your contributions are accounted for and acknowledged promptly. I also, manage our social media, and volunteer recruitment. If you ever have any questions, I am here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment