Thursday, June 14, 2012

Meet our intern Sarah Castillo!


Sarah Castillo
Administrative Intern
I received my Bachelor’s degree in Art and a minor in nonprofit management from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2011.  During my studies I worked and volunteered with several nonprofit organizations related to the arts and culture of this city.  Along the path I became a co-founding member of Mas Rudas, a multimedia collective of four female San Antonio artists. I will begin UTSA’s Master of Arts in Bicultural Studies program in the fall of 2012. 
Daily, I work towards gaining more experience in the administrative aspect of arts in the nonprofit sector with practice in grant writing, researching, collaborating, archiving and volunteering; as I simultaneously refine my artistic skills in photography, fiber arts, writing, sculpture, and video.  I’ve been a participating artist in Guadalupe Cultural Arts’ The Escuela Program and co-partner in archiving San Anto Cultural Arts Public Mural Program.  I’ve exhibited at Guadalupe Cultural Arts, Mexic-Arte, Slanguage, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio College, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in San Antonio and Artpace.
Arts and cultural organizations are the forces that I support because the arts and cultural traditions energize and rejuvenate our state of mind, anchor our history, praise our accomplishments and honor our human capabilities. 

As an administrative intern at theFund, the arts and culture of our city spur my diligence and motivation.  San Antonio has a diversity that must continue to be celebrated and the investment in our multicultural city will provide a stronger foundation for the future of the arts, culture, education and our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment