Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet an Arts Lover


When you phone theFund’s office, and instead of getting Kathy, you think you hear the voice of a young Lauren Hutton… in fact, it’s theFund’s premier volunteer Lauren Moore. She’s got a wicked sense of humor, a firm handshake, and like theFund’s CEO Rod Rubbo, a passion for the guitar.




Name a recent arts event that you attended:
Pagliacci dress rehearsal. Clowns are frightening.


If you could be supremely talented in one art, what would it be? 
I would be an amazing talent on the guitar. Think Keller Williams one person exhibition as opposed to my current status as a three cord hack.


What drives you to work for the arts?
I greatly appreciate the arts and everything they bring to my home town. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, an artist. My goal is to facilitate the expansion of a vibrant arts scene in San Antonio by assisting with day to day administrative tasks and fund raising efforts. Focus on your craft creative folks, and I’ll do the paperwork.  


How can art illuminate the connections between history and current affairs?
Historical accounts and interpretations help mold our understanding of current events. All art provides ample opportunity to explore the views of others while considering our own interpretations of their art and subject matter.  


What don’t you get done at home?
I have an eleven year old “Little” through Big Brothers Big Sisters who would love to do some more hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment